At 485 metres above sea level, under one of the purest skies in Europe, Sisteron, "Perle de Haute Provence," is a medieval city, situated where the Alps meet Provence. This
town of 8000 people will seduce you with its charm. It is located in a area benefiting from a an exceptional climate. Discover the rich medieval history, the rural culture, the old villages on
the sunny slopes, the small churches, ...
Upon arrival, you will find a binder with detailed tourist information.
In the meantime, you can check Internet sites such as :
- The old city (The Citadel, the Cathedral, the old districts, museums). Visit 360°
- In summer : Festival "The nights of the Citadel", "Rues en fête" (Celebration streets in the evening),...
- Discovery Days (Tourism Office)
- The Provencal market
- Cinema, library
- Leisure sports: swimming (artificial lake, rivers,…), adventure park
- cycling, mountain biking ("Les chemins du soleil = The paths of the sun" , "Grande traversée des Préalpes à
V.T.T. » = Great prealps crossing by bike)
air sports (gliding, hang-gliding)
- horseback riding
- flowing water sports (canoe kayak, rafting, canyoning, hydrospeed, …)
- Swimming in river (Méouge) or lakes (Ribiers, Eyguians,...)
- The Verdon (The canyon, the Museum of prehistory in Quinson, the lake Esparron)
- The Provence, the Luberon, Aix en Provence and the Pays d'Aix
- The alpine valleys and Ubaye
- Hautes-Alpes: Champsaur, Valgaudemar, Briançonnais, Queyras and the Ecrins
- The lake Serre Poncon and the Valley of the Blanche.